Getting the frequency right

I'm happy to say I have got back on track for now and been more productive lately - and with a bit more success. Success and satisfaction seem to come with more commitment and regularity I have found.

First up, more boats in Lower Town in permanent ink fibre-tipped pen from a few days ago.

Then there is this other small sketch in black biro of cottages and the quay - no apologies for being Lower Town again - my favourite and most convenient place to walk to.


And yesterday I made this sketch of Aber Mawr beach and rocks with the fibre-tipped pen again. I often find that beach scenes with rocks and cliffs don't always come off as I would hope - they have a habit of looking better in reality, or to the mind's eye, than is easy to pull off with a drawing, or even a photo. That's perhaps another case of our binocular vision making things look better than in one dimension and the added senses of smell and hearing giving a much more rounded experience than a picture can sometimes convey. However this was one of those occasions where I did manage to make it work. I'm happy with this also.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been a while...

Lower Town Quay

Making an effort