Oil paint messing and practising

I haven't created as much as I'd intended to in the last few days. I have made a few sketches which were less than satisfactory, but I did break out the oil paints again late last week and started this seascape, which is very much intended as a practice and I don't expect to be satisfied with it afterwards. But I can keep it for later to return to it much further down the line and see how I have progressed - if I bin everything which is not satisfactory, I shall never recognise the progress. The real test will be keeping this simple and not to try and detail the hell out of it and then regret it - I'll give myself one more session on it, trying to keep it loose, then I shall move on to the next thing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been a while...

Lower Town Quay

Making an effort