Still sketching, some good, some not so good

The last week or so hasn't been quite so effective, with a few sketches disliked and discarded and my intentions of getting to work on more oil painting practice, falling by the wayside due to some very full days doing all sort of other things.
Some days I didn't get out so much, because of doing jobs at home, but this garden sketch shows that I'm still willing and looking for subjects around home, even if they sometimes don't come out as well as hoped.


On another day we went for a walk to Lower Town and I made this quick sketch looking up to Penslade, Fishguard, which came out fairly well. I really must break out the oil paints again this week - I have a couple of scenes ready and waiting to be worked on and I need to keep up the impetus.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been a while...

Lower Town Quay

Making an effort